Monday, August 28, 2006

Sisterhood

Sisterhood

sisterhood >noun 1 the relationship between sisters. 2 a feeling of kinship with and closeness to a group of women or all women. 3 an association or community of women linked by a common interest, religion, or trade.

I asked the question- Is it really a sisterhood?

The interesting thing, at least to me, is that most women have a story of dystopian about a sisterhood.

Karen said: I've been rejected by what I thought was a sister more than once.

Milly said: Seems to me that so many are cliques not sisterhoods and I think the definitions are different.

Codepoke shared a bit of what his ex-wife went through.

Codepoke also pointed out the value in a good sisterhood.

There is a way that the sisters came together for her during certain times of their lives that men never experience. Women see and respond to little things that men just don't. And when they do it, they do it together. When something would happen to a woman in our church, the other sisters would descend upon her home like a flock of starlings. No one was in charge, but everyone moved in the same direction at the same time, and that wounded sister was helped.
For the life of me I don’t get it we can go from being these thoughtful loving people to unaffectionate beings.


He's so right!

Karen is right men can do it also. For now my focus is on the women.

We pounce fast at words like home school, public school, daycare, stay-at-home mom, working mom, feminist, pro, activist, spank, spare, and so on.

Why do we get so defensive?

Simple, it questions us. It brings the very essence of who we are in to question. It makes us rethink our foundations. Am I a good parent? Am I a good wife? Am I a good example of a sister?

We have enough to worry about!

I have floors to mop, rooms to clean, toilets to scrub, children to raise, a husband to hold, and a job outside my home.

I am a sister in this sisterhood!

I love you brothers and sisters!

No comments: