Tuesday, August 22, 2006

News flash: I did it!

I finally got a picture up. No didn’t draw it Miss Littles is my artist she insisted on the duck today. Anyone in need of fridge art is welcome to copy it.

This wasn’t my first choice I wanted the butterfly so don’t be surprised if it changes.

The funny thing is that I was so wanting to get it out to someone I tried to come up with reasons to post a comment and the only thing I could think of was "Look what I can do." Not exactly right given some of the subjects. I did pop over to Mr. Mead’s to comment. A busy man like that should be able to cross that off his I wonder list.

Next I tackle the side stuff thingys. :-}


Our Female Polar Bear

Our female Polar Bear Has Died
This is sad news from our zoo.

Our female polar bear has died. Marushka was soon to be 24-years-old. She came from Moscow in 1984. The zoo staff says Marushka may have died from chronic heart disease. The zoo says on average polar bears in captivity can live to be anywhere from their mid-20s to early 30s.

The polar bears are a fun addition to our zoo. I can spend so much time watching them swim in the pool. I hope the male will be able to go on without her.

No comments: