Sunday, May 07, 2006

Longanimity

It’s interesting how people behave. Tonight a man yelled at me for no reason except that he wanted to be a big man. He looked like a jerk to all around him. I walked away smiling to find two men smiling at me, not just any smile, big smiles I knew that they had what I have. . .Jesus. We talked for a moment then I noticed one man was wearing a Promise Keepers Shirt we then talked about our churches both men knew my church and had been in it they even knew some that I know.

God grants us moments so that we don’t freak out and start yelling because someone offered to help them move through faster.


When a machine failed to dispense money and had to be opened the gentleman started to read the book that he had purchased He didn’t freak out he just read. How cool he stood waiting. I apologized he smiled and continued to read on.

Thank God for. . .


PATIENCE!!!

4 comments:

Kevin Knox said...

You Okie's and your big words!

I had to look up longanimity, and was shocked to find out it was a real word!

Praise the Lord for grace to stand before all.

Milly said...

I have been known to make words up. I have a friend who is a walking wordoligist a virtual dictionariest. She will try to be nice when I do this. (Never to bait her. . . honest. Stepping away incase of lightning) She’ll say that’s not a word. I’ll say yes it is look it up. She will point out that you can’t because it is not a word. I’ll say then you can’t prove it. She’ll say use it in a sentence. If her husband is around he’ll play so he will use it in a sentence. We’ll start to discuss the origin of the word and so on and she will smile and tell us she loves us. I can see in her eyes though. That some day in a dark alley I'm so sprampt if I start up with her. I know that I just used sprampt in an exproperiatly way.. I need to end this and spramp my face with water then pick up the kid.

Have a lovefully day!

Anonymous said...

PATIENCE!!!!!???? Whaddya mean patience??!!

I got all the patience in the WORLD!

i just tend to lose it, that's all...

;-)

pearlie said...

Milly,
Know what? I remember praying for patience for you on that same day :) :)