Thursday, May 11, 2006

GRAND DAYS

My it’s a grand things list.


The giggle from the six year old in the back seat when I ordered naked chicken.


Calling a long lost friend and not feeling lost for words.


An air kiss from a son who’s growing up.


The bluest of blue sky.


Puffy clouds.


65 degrees and breezy.


Someone saying I know you’re a Christian because your always happy when you’re here.


Being happy to be there.


Finding the last Tootsie Roll in the jar.


Opera and the song That Girl Is A Cowboy.


People who don’t really know you, yet still care.


God always being with you.

Please feel free to add some of yours. It's a feel'n good day!

3 comments:

pearlie said...

I like your list. My favourites are: #3, #4, #7, #11 and #12. What's naked chicken?

Milly said...

It's Pop Eye's chicken with only spices. Not breaded and fried.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Millie!
Here are some of mine:

God's hug given through the warmth of sunshine.

Singing a song for the first time...again.

Forgiveness from a friend.

Recognizable humility actually displayed in my life!

A really good strrrretttcch after sitting still for too long.

Hearing a soft "I love you" from a 2 year old you thought was asleep.

The perfect volleyball serve resulting in an "ACE!"

A tenderloin steak with mushrooms.

Knowing I did my best.

The secret lives of Walter Mitty.

A 5:am sunrise over the Atlantic.

A 4:am sunrise from the top of Mount Monadnock.

Friday at 5:00! (oh look. that's only 30 minutes away!)