Tuesday, May 23, 2006

EVE

Paradise> noun 2 the Garden of Eden


She woke with no past. . .only now. . .no future to think of. . .only today. Her every need met, she wanted for nothing. Her companion a man not just any man the only man. Her Father walked with her every day they talked she saw and felt nothing but love from Him and within her. Life for her was perfect.


She was curios of the stranger by the tree of the forbidden fruit. He promised her knowledge his lies wrapped around her brain. The sin was beautiful tempting her to taste it. Her husband stood next to her. I wonder his thoughts, it doesn’t say then Adam tried to reason with her he wasn’t fetching water.
He was with her. . . With her.

They were ashamed of what they had done. God knew what had happened, He didn’t have to ask. Just as we know who made the mess in the play room. The six year old did it. If you believe in predestination, He knew that they would give in. Why else place those things in the path of their lives? To be honest we would have. After all we do it almost every day in what we see and do.


I find it interesting that we as humans are so quick to blame others. Adam was the first to say, it was her fault. The first person to point the finger at someone else for his sin. She must have felt a bit betrayed at that. I would have. He was with her. She was next, the serpent did it. We do it, don’t we? The sins mounted. Just as our sins mount up when we are trying to lay blame. I wonder had they said "Yes Father we did it we have only ourselves to blame" if things would have been different? I punish less if my children admit to the wrong doing and own up right away.


She was then given painful childbearing. For those men who believe that women are to have pain in the delivery room. Get out and work the soil. That’s right, stop sitting in you cubical and work the soil.


God didn’t just evict them. He made it clear that they were no longer welcome.


Her heart must have been broken for what she had done. He husband betrayed her. Her Father had shown anger towards her. A new emotion. She had only felt joy in her life and in a moment of bad judgement it was all taken away. Her joy turned to fear, loneliness, and shame. I wonder when anger set in towards Adam. I know that I would have found it rather quickly. I would have tried to apologize as we searched for a new way to live. Then when he again turned the blame on me I would have struck quickly. It isn’t in the Bible how they felt that night, did they cling to each other afraid of the outside world? Had the forbidden fruit given them the knowledge of sins to come in this world? What an overwhelming amount of fear and pain.

What sorrow she must have felt when her son killed his brother. Her child. Her baby did she feel guilt for her son's sins? She must have felt so alone at times. Was Adam a loving man to her? I think that he must have been because he knew God. Eve seems to take the blame of so many sins that happen to us. She is the reason some men treat women as subservient beings. They fail to read that he was with her. He didn’t grab her arm to stop her. I think he was just as taken by the fruit and lies as she was.

Is it her fault that having a baby is painful? If it is I forgive her of a sin that I too have committed. I’ve opened a bottle of vodka, I’ve seen movies that were sinful, I have lusted, I have sinned and my husband has been with me at times. With me. Eve is a sister I can’t blame her for the sins I’d commit. Nor can I blame the sins yet to come.


I know that I’m forgiven because He is with me. With us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting....

:-)

Milly said...

Welcome
federico.

mrtool said...

milly i have always had a tendency to read the story of adam and eve as "just the facts" never really thought of it from a personal standpoint. or put myself in there... um shoes? i like what you had to say. i think if more of us would take this standpoint in reading our bibles then we may understand better what was going on.

Kevin Knox said...

Outstanding, Milly.

Praise the Lord.

Get out and work the soil. That’s right, stop sitting in you cubical and work the soil.

Too, too very true.

It isn’t in the Bible how they felt that night, ...

YES! What a loss, but it gives us the chance to imagine it.

I know that I’m forgiven because He is with me. With us.

Staggering, Milly. Amen. Amen.

Milly said...

mrtool,

I am slowly working on all the women of the Bible that I can write about.

I'm allowing God to lead my choice so they are bumped around. When I fist did this in a women's class I would become very emotionally attached to the ones on my list. I’m enjoying this one myself. And I encourage more men to study the women in the Bible they are so important to our understanding of who we need to be for God.

I even felt for Jezebel.

She’s next.