Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Stronger now

Sure we all hate Satan. Without a doubt he has reeked havoc on this earth. The thing is today I thought about how much I have learned from being tempted. I know how to turn my back I know how to say no to my addictions, well some, I’m working on the diet soda intake (I know Cowboy I just haven’t let it go)

Satan taught me about sin, he tore me apart and left me for dead inside. He took my pride and self esteem. I was as hollow and empty like a tomb, cold, dead, and alone. I had failed the tests, I had to go to my knees I had to be empty.


The thing about darkness is that it only takes a little light.

I am not alone.

I am loved

I am forgiven

I am now stronger, smarter, and happier. Bring it on Satan

James 1 (NIV)

Trials and Temptations


2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.


9The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. 10But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. 11For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business.
12Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.


13When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.


16Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. 17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

7 comments:

Missy said...

Milly, this is another great insight from your heart. Your thoughts may greatly influence what I've been studying out lately... Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Missy,
I have no problem sharing who I am and was in blogworld. Those around me don’t know where to find this blog. I originally wanted to start a blog with some of my friends by posting questions and discussing them in an open foram. None of them were interested so here I am. I never thought I’ve stay underground about it but when I started putting who was and am I decided not to tell them. My minister and the associate minister know I blog and have asked me to share it with them. I told them no. They both joked about finding it but I know that they really haven’t looked. They could find it rather easily because this is a small community and at time we’ve touched the edges. I want this to be a place of honesty for me and treasure others thoughts. I have a site meter and I know that non Christians do end up here. If one of us can help someone then that’s a cool thing. I think that we help each other for sure I know that you folks help me.

I’ve grown rather attached to some of the folks that I read and read me. Once in a while you’ll see me climb down and swing a rope at someone, I’m a bit defensive of my Cowboys and hate when someone picks on them especially women. I guess the momma comes out in me. I can see you being that way about our Boyz. I’ll defend them too if needed.

I think that you will love being about to express who you were and are. Thank you for the kind words.

Missy said...

Milly, i always hope that the people i meet here are who they seem to be, but I am usually skeptical. i had no doubt about you from the get-go. call that intuition - or naivety - who knows? :-)

It never crossed my mind to be anyone other than myself when i started blogging. But I began to reconsider when I realized how easy it is to be yourself when you think no one is "looking" i always thought i was all about openness, but i am learning more about it each day, thanks in big part to you. i may choose more anonymity in the future, but i need to carry this lesson into real life right now.

you're right - i tend to be a loyal defender - to a fault. call me on it if you see me go too far!

you go gurl!

Patchouli said...

Your post reminded me of this song (GREAT post by the way!)

Steven Curtis Chapman \
Bring It On

I didn’t come lookin’ for trouble
And I don’t want to fight needlessly
But I’m not gonna hide in a bubble
If trouble comes for me
I can feel my heart beating faster
I can tell something’s coming down
But if it’s gonna make me grow stronger then…

Bring it on
Let the lightning flash, let the
thunder roll, let the storm winds blow
Bring it on
Let the trouble come, let the
hard rain fall, let it make me strong
Bring it on

Now, maybe you’re thinkin’ I’m crazy
And maybe I need to explain some things
‘Cause I know I’ve got an enemy waiting
Who wants to bring me pain
But what he never seems to remember
What he means for evil God works for good
So I will not retreat or surrender

Now, I don’t want to sound like some hero
‘Cause it’s God alone that my hope is in
But I’m not gonna run from the very things
That would drive me closer to Him
So bring it on

Bring it on
Let the lightning flash, let the
thunder roll, let the storm winds blow
Bring it on
Let the trouble come, let it make
me fall on the One who’s strong
Bring it on
Let the lightning flash, let the
thunder roll, let the storm winds blow
Bring it on
Let me be made weak so I’ll know
the strength of the One who’s strong
Bring it on
Bring it on

Anonymous said...

patchouli,
I have a new theme song!

DougALug said...

Milly,

Hating Satan:

Here is a theological Conundrum: my wife, when she was a baby Christian (a good while before we were married), used to ask. Why can't we pray FOR Satan to repent?

It's a good question. And it does ruffle the theological camps.

I'm in the 'To Hell With The Devil' camp myself. But I had to pause and think a while when she posed this question to me.

God Bless
Doug

Anonymous said...

Interesting Doug,

We are to love our enemies. Pray for Satan? I think that God has let us know that this one isn’t going to change that no matter how much we pray for him it won’t make a difference Satan is what he is. I’d bet that he laughs in the face of our prayers. I do think that the prayers don’t fall on deaf ears with God, He loves a tender heart and for someone to feel that she can make a difference with prayer in Satan then God will smile on her.