Monday, September 04, 2006

Questions


Quirky snail by Miss Littles

Do you know who you are?

Do you see yourself as others see you?

Do you like who you are?

Now I’m sure that some are going to say I don’t care how others perceive me I am who I am and that’s that. I still want to answer these questions that I have always been plagued with.

Do I know who I am?

I am a child of God. I am a wife. I am a mother. I am a women. I am a true friend. I am a teacher. I am a student. I am ME.

Do I see myself as others see me?

I see myself as a Christian women. I try to keep an attitude that lets the light within me shine. I fail at times.

Do I like who I am?

Some days I don’t and I know that it’s wrong not to like myself because I am of God. I believe that we all have days when we just aren’t good Christians. We have days when we stumble and fall. I have days when I love me I look at myself and laugh I rejoice in Gods creation of Milly.

May you have those days of rejoicing in who you are quirks and all ;-}

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this nice start to my morning Milly!

Life is a journey of identity. These questions are the essence of that journey. We are not what we do - we are who we are.

Blessings, KB

DougALug said...

Milly,

Keep the great pictures coming. I love them as much as the posts. Miss little has a way with... well... crayons.

God Bless
Doug

Milly said...

When she drew this one in church I was full of questions. The blanket is for his big ears. He has a hat on. He's sad because he's different. I have no idea where it was coming from except from God. We all feel a bit quirky and different because He makes us who we are.

karen said...

Wow, a prophetic artist in your family! Too cool! Great art!

I was thinking on those questions yesterday....gotta think some more..thanks for food for thought!

Kevin Knox said...

I wondered if anyone would actually answer the questions. ;-)

You didn't pull any punches with these!

Do you know who you are?
I think maybe I am figuring it out, but I'd never be confident enough to answer the question out loud.

Do you see yourself as others see you?
I deeply, deeply hope that others see me as better than I see myself, or it's small wonder I've so few friends. Being around so many people at work really helps. There are literally hundreds of people here who don't run when they see me coming.

Do you like who you are?
When I'm alone, I do. I don't have time to like myself when I'm around other people - I'm too busy trying to be likeable.

Yep, that's about the picture.

I don't know, I guess I feel like a little purple snail hanging on a fridge. :-)

Anonymous said...

Milly you ask some hard questions.

Do you know who you are? Next to God I do know who I am better than any other, I live in this old body.

Do you see yourself as others see you?
I am sure I do not, I never see myself as an old man, I never see myself as disabled, I only hope I can see myself as God and my grandchildren do.
Do you like who you are? If I did not I would try to change those things which I can change.