Friday, March 17, 2006

Going Home

It’s been a few years since this happened yet this will stay with me forever.
I had nominated two people for an award, I was sitting at the banquet waiting for them. When they arrived, one leaned over and said you know what happened to *******and *******? They were mother and daughter. My friend was younger than me, and her daughter was my daughter’s age. We were looking forward to seeing them in school together. It was to be a great year for the girls starting school knowing each other. The news stunned me, how could a kid drive so fast that he would hit them head on killing the girls and leaving her son’s body devastated?

I sat in my car wondering how I could go in. Why Lord? I can’t understand it? Why a woman who always smiled? (Not the fake smile the I KNOW GOD AND IT SHINES FROM ME smile)
A woman when I would walk out of that school discouraged over something would listen and smile. She’d say it will work out or something positive. I never thought she’s so fake or goody for her. She was the real deal.

So there I was in my car and I’m thinking I just don’t understand. What about this fall the children walking into class without her?

I’ve had this Sara Groves cd for a while and listened to it may times I just hadn’t heard this song until right before I got out of my car. I honestly heard it for the very first time. Where was this song? Why hadn’t I heard this before?

I sat listening to her husband ask for prayers for his son and the young man who killed his wife and daughter.
I can honestly say I don’t think I could do that. I went home and told my husband he shook his head he couldn’t. I know that God wants us to. I just don’t know that I could do it. They can and have forgiven him.
They went home.
God explained it to me.
Artist: Sara Groves Song: Going home Album: Conversations
I've been feeling kind of restless
I've been feeling out of place
I can hear a distant singing
A song that I can't write
And it echoes of what I'm always trying to say
There's a feeling I can't capture
It's always just a prayer away
I want to know the ending
Things hoped for but not seen
But I guess that's the point of hoping anyway
Of going home, I'll meet you at the table
Going home, I'll meet you in the air
And you are never too young to think about it
Oh, I cannot wait to be home
I'm confined by my senses To really know what you are like
You are more than I can fathom
And more than I can guess
And more than I can see with you in sight
But I have felt you with my spirit
I have felt you fill this room
And this is just an invitation
Just a sample of the whole
And I cannot wait to be going home
Going home, I'll meet you at the table
Going home, I'll meet you in the air
And you are never too young to think about it
Oh, I cannot wait to be going, to be going home
Face to face, how can it be
Face to face, how can it be
Face to face, how can it be
Cuz this is just an invitation Just a sample of the whole And I cannot wait to be going home

2 comments:

Kevin Knox said...

Staggering.

Thanks for sharing this. I know you know the Truth, but I will say it nonetheless. There is no explanation for evil. There is only the mercy of God that overcomes evil. There is no beauty in these things, but God is not defeated. His triumph will be seen. Wait on the Lord.

Unknown said...

Wonderful.

Listen it