Monday, June 18, 2007

The boy is well

Thank you all for the concern and prayers for my son. After several phone calls and a long night of waiting he was released from the hospital. It took four sticks for them to get the IV in and one and a half bags of fluid before they let him out. My heart went out to those adult leaders having to be me that night. It almost sounded like bragging when my boy said "The most you’ve ever been stuck is three times, right?" A new badge of honor. Yes that’s the most at one time. I gave up counting how many times I’ve been jabbed with a needle.


I spoke to him and one of the leaders today and all is well. He finished one book and was half way into another. My friend was happy to spend the day in the A/C reading with the boy.
All is well and I hope he can enjoy time with those in need. I do look for them to keep a careful eye on him.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Thanks for the update, Milly. I'm glad he's okay and will be able to continue with the mission. I hope you're okay?! :-)

kc bob said...

Glad to hear that all is well ... gard when we are not there when they hurt.

kc bob said...

make that gard - hard

Unknown said...

Good to know that all is fine