Tuesday, February 06, 2007

As I was brushing my teeth this morning I realized I am Elmo at work.

Last night one of my co-workers, higher up then me, told me that sometimes the place gets to him. He went on to say good thing about the place but how sometimes he gets so wound up that he thought that others think he’s a jerk. I know he does because I’ve let him vent on the phone to me all the while hoping those around him couldn’t hear what he was saying. I said “I don’t” He smiled and said “Because you’re a nice person.” I need to say that this guy is a bit like Bert and Oscar at times with a touch of Animal. I married a guy like him so it’s easier for me to laugh at his Oscarness and giggle when he’s a Bert.

One of the guys I go to church with came in last night, we started talking about the direction of the church and how great it felt to see things moving along. On one subject he said wouldn’t it be great if the people weren’t in it like if you didn’t have customers. I laughed at that then said “If I had only these folks to play with he’d go crazy.” K looked and me and laughed. It’s true. I love people and if I don’t have them I play with my co-workers. Could you see Elmo chasing after Oscar? Sure he’d take it for a while then you’d find red fluff stuffed in a haz mat tub.

My boss was so happy that I promised not to yell at him last night because I spent Super Bowl Sunday yelling. Not in anger mind you just because I wanted to. I demanded a radio if I couldn’t score a TV. I got a nice Bosch one. The poor man would be standing a few feet from me and I’d yell stuff like “D she’s being lazy!” He’d look at me and smile then walk away. I do have to say that most of the time I don’t yell like that because customers don’t like the yelling.

Can anyone now picture me in an office setting or better yet put me a cubical! Elmo in a cubical! Now that would be fun!


God has given us a wonderful gift of each other and I think we tend to forget that. I pray for the lady with Alzheimer’s and her husband some days at the end of his rope. The mom just trying to get through another day, the guy who works 16 hours a day missing his family, those far from home here to make a better life. I pray for Bert, Ernie, Oscar, Big Bird, Animal, and Elmo. We are all people of God and He’s given us a wonderful community to enjoy.

2 comments:

salguod said...

"red fluff stuffed in a haz mat tub"

Heh!

Missy said...

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street? I like Mr. Snuffleupagus. I don't think he was on the test.