Friday, January 02, 2009

What a wonderful gift for the new year from God

I woke to hear Canadian geese on the pond or were they at the window. What a great sound at six am. I don’t have a photograph of the first sunrise of 2009 but I can assure you it was a pretty one. It painted the sky in orange and turquoise. I wished for a Starbucks as I drove to the church to pick up my son. He brought in his new year with friends.
I spent the night at my dad’s house with a friend and family. We played games all night. I have to note that I had been up since four in the morning. I still say that a cutter worm exists.

We enjoyed a nice dinner of cabbage, black-eyed peas, and cornbread. I eat them more to honor my ancestors. But if I have good luck and money I won’t argue. It’s one of my favorite meals. So it’s a great way to start the day.

As I carried our thing to the car I was greeted by the geese I love hearing them talk to each other as they fly, two straggles had me smiling as I watched them trying to catch the others.

The sunset lit the whole sky so I had to take these photographs.



11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.
Jeremiah 29: 11-14 NIV

3 comments:

Lynne said...

That's lovely, Milly -- even if I don't have the foggiest idea what a cutter worm is!

And a blessed New year to you, too -- may it prove a kinder one than last year.

kc bob said...

Happy 2009 Milly.. loved that part of seeking God with ALL of our heart.

karen said...

Wonderful pics, and story, milly. Happy new year to you. I pray His blessings on you and yours.