Thursday, July 30, 2009

My sis and me

Here I am sitting in the hospital watching my big sis sleep.
It seems like a dream one really bad dream.

I thought I’d tell you a bit about her.

Memz is a single woman who worked hard to get where she is, but that’s only a small part of who she is.

Let’s start with something from childhood.

Thanks Jason for the reminder of those little moments.

We grew up sharing a room.
At night we’d play that game. If you shared a room you know the one. Ours went like this.

You turn off the light.
No you turn off the light
You were the last one in bed you turn it off
You’re closer, you turn it off
I’m asleep. (Fake snoring noises)
I’m asleep first (Fake snoring noises louder)
You are faking it
You are faking it
Am not
Are so
You are
Dad’s voice GIRLS!!!!!
Giggles
GIRLS!!!!
Shhhh turn off the light
You turn off the light
You turn off the light.
No you turn off the light
You were the last one in bed you turn it off
You’re closer, you turn it off
I’m asleep. (Fake snoring noises)
I’m asleep first (Fake snoring noises louder)
You are faking it
You are faking it
Am not
Are so
You are
THUMP THUMP THUMP Dad’s footsteps
(Whispers) Now you’ve done it
(Whispers) Not me you
Door is opened man with disapproving look turns off the light.
Girls giggle because they know that daddy loves them and smiled as he walked away.

I’m praying that the light stays on for years to come.

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

Oh Milly, this is so touching and made me smile with tears in my eyes....I didn't share a room with my sis but I sure get the sisterly love thing.

I can't imagine being in your shoes...sometimes its even harder for the one watching the one that has the "c" or whatever it is (i hate even saying that word). I am praying for both of you.

Sweetie Pie said...

Burn on, brave little light! You light up all our lives! Burn on!

DougALug said...

We will continue to pray Milly.We pray for that light to keep on for many years to come.

God Bless
Doug