Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Face it

Last weekend my dad threw another fish fry. I’m not sure how many people were there but I guesstamated at around 50. Many were faces that I hadn’t seen in years several I didn’t know.



Faces are awesome and a blessing from God.



When my cousin, a professional wildlife photographer, said he wanted his wife and I to pose together she asked if he would remove the wrinkles.


I looked over at Miss M. and smiled.


Look at that face and those hands.


Hands that feed children who wanted to grow up too fast or needed love.


Hands that taught them how to cook a meal for children to come.


I wonder how many young people went home and proudly showed a parent that they could cook and clean.


Look at her face, I know I did when I ran away from home that one and only time. . .all that way up the hill for love, a coke, and candy then to be sent home.



How many children did that sweet smile comfort when they felt lost?


I look at that face and hold those hands and feel blessed.


No, I won’t be doing much to stop the lines from my face that God had blessed me with.

9 comments:

Sweetie Pie said...

Aw, man! I hate that we missed the fish fry!

Mark Bledsoe said...

Mrs Mary is pure love!

Bar L. said...

what a great post.....I would love to know this woman, you're right you can SEE it in her face :)

Patchouli said...

You always make my day better...

kc bob said...

You always say the greatest things Milly - like:

"No, I won’t be doing much to stop the lines from my face that God had blessed me with."

Reminds me of this Billy Cosby quote:

Gray hair is God's graffiti.

karen said...

I wanna come next time! What a great post, milly!

Mark (under construction) said...

I'm on my way with Karen ... LOVE family get togethers and what a beautiful picture of a beautiful lady.

Lynne said...

She's beautiful. And so are you for having the heart to appreciate and proclaim her beauty

Gigi said...

I think we'd be friends...loved your latest post and this one especially....:)