Saturday, February 16, 2008

Just another day in the life of a Milly

I was a team motivator today. I scored for our side and worked on teasing the others into working a bit harder. I think I’ll be pulling most of the weight tomorrow. No worries I love it.

I took some time to talk to one of my new bosses while sitting at the table, my knee is letting me know the weather is cold and damp. She recently got the promotion and at times is overwhelmed. We started talking of death, her father and son died a few days apart not long ago. I lost two uncles and a mom in a very short time. One thing that we both agree on is that while those are hard things others have worse and that we are blessed.


One of my co-workers heard me singing to the other about her name. I laughed and asked if she had heard it before, she rolled her eyes at me. I then went on to explain who the woman in the Bible was that held her name. She and I talked of her.


I was later asked by a single mom who works with me if I could help her. We parents have so much love for our children. I could feel the emotion as she explained how much her daughter missed her being home on weekends. The poor little thing cries for her momma. I almost did just talking to her. I can relate because my kids miss me when I’m at work. She asked one simple request if I could do something for her little one using the meaning of her name. What a grand request. I will delight in making Savanna the loveliest name in the world for a little girl.
Please feel free to add suggestions for this little one. Her momma is a single parent with very little to spend but her love for this princess is deep.

We may face some hard times but God has us in His hands.
. . . .plus my friends and family have my back. :-}

2 comments:

kc bob said...

I am with you Milly.. we are in His hands!

preacherman said...

I am here too.
The great thing about God is that he is there for us when we need him. Good or bad. Keep trusting. He will be with you and bless you for your faithfulness.
I hope you have a great week.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry